Monday, September 14, 2009

There is much to see today...

...but not a real comic. While we're on the subject of bears, check out this bear suit:

Sorry for the lack of a real comic today, Internet. It turns out that the Daily Texan accepted my work, but DIDNT BOTHER TO LET ME KNOW until a day before the deadline. I had to get my stuff together and send in some strips. I was originally planning to turn them down, but Sammy and Solomon (of Smoothie Home, also in the paper) and Jonathan talked me out of it. Today they ran the comic about working out, which is cool. Go me. Now I get paid six dollars a strip, so that's nice. I'll have spending money. It does mean some changes for the blog, though. =\

For example, I'm not supposed to post a new comic before it runs in the paper. Hence no comic today. Also, the paper alternates between a MWF and T-TH update schedule every week, so now we have to as well. It's a little wierd, I know, but there is a bright side. Now I am ahead on comics, so I can update first thing in the morning. You guys won't have to wait until the middle of the night whenever I finish anymore. =)

In the meantime, I have a lot of neat things I can show you. I did all sorts of drawing this weekend. Nothing fancy, just sketches.




That last one is Bears vs. Sharks on a Shark Train. Below is a collaboration drawing of kids pretending to be stuff. From left to right: Jonathan's, Mine, Sammy's, Liz's, Taylor's, and Solomon's.

Here are some gunslingers we drew. Solomon did the top one, and Sammy and I did the bottom ones. Sammy's is the girl, in case you're wondering.


And last but not least, you can see the Cesar Robot drawings we did over the weekend in the post below.

No comments:

Post a Comment