Friday, August 14, 2009

Not Today, Heatwave.


Here in South Texas, we're going through a record-breaking heat wave. We have had triple digit weather every single day since summer "vacation" started. Sometimes the sun looks really friendly in drawings, but this behavior on Mr. Sun's part has convinced me that he is nothing short of a villain. I thought it would be an appropriate introduction to our time together, internet. While you can never go wrong with super powerful coconut-scented SPF 50+, this obviously is not exactly how my morning started. In truth, I don't know how to whistle.

This is the beginning of the Wierdest City. As you can see, it is not as colorful or detailed as my other comic The Bound, but it isn't supposed to be. This comic is just for fun, and is based on random ideas I have on random days. I wanted to do something nice for you all, since The Bound takes a much, much longer time to create since I've gotta write the chapters, organize the script, and color the pages. This way, you get some cool in-between stuff while you wait. And the Wierdest City will update on a MWF schedule, so be sure to check back every other day!
On a final note, Although tWC was my idea, I have roped several of the other Closet Artists into joining forces with me (namely Jorge and Cesar) which means that once we get our rhythm down we will probably alternate artists every time we update. It's kind of an experiment on our part, for the sake of practicing and learning. For the meantime though, the first few updates will be my doing while Jorge works on his pages. We hope you guys enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Coconut scented sunblock is my favorite! <3

    ReplyDelete