Friday, October 16, 2009

Stuff to look at.


Sorry, homies. There might be a comic later if I can swing it, but this is not a guarantee. I had to write a ten page page paper (with the works cited and interview stuff it actually came out to more like 21 pages @______@) as well as a midterm on Thursday and there simply was no time.

You guys know I hate to leave you hanging though so I'll see what I can do.

In the meantime, here are some things I've drawn and/or Illustratored lately that you might light to see. The one above is an old drawing of Wolverine I did.


This is the first real page of my new sketchbook. I was playing with some colors.


I want to do something more with this one, but for now it's just a very sketchy alien fight on some distant planet. Maybe I'll go back and ink it later.


Some of you might remember my Halloween costume from last year. I did a drawing of that once, and I liked the way it looked enough that I decided to try and refine the idea so I could turn in into a usable character. The above is one of those attempts, you see. I may try other things with the look. I have dubbed this character Donny Jonks, and this particular piece was done with pencil, ink, and Sharpie (hence the wierd texture in some places).


Speaking of old drawings of characters, I was messing with this old Adobe Illustrator image of Rosetta Stone to see if colors other than Green and Black might work better. I think I'll stick to my original design, but what do you all think? Is there one in particular one you like most? Feel free to comment.



And while we're on the subject of Bound characters, here's an unfinished piece that I referenced like 7 million Spider-Man pictures for. It's Rush on a building in the rain. If the white square confuses you, that's because it is a second panel that I have yet to draw out.I also need to clean it up some. I used pencil and ink for this one, and hoo boy, did it waste my pens. I really like how it came out though.

Anyway, I'll try and scratch out some sort of comic tonight. No promises, though. =\

No comments:

Post a Comment